Today we are announcing an important change to our Conversations API service:
- On April 30, 2017 service will end for Conversations API versions 5.2 and 5.3
By deprecating older versions of our API service, we can refocus our energies on the current and future API services, which we feel offer the most benefits to our customers. Please visit our Upgrade Guide to learn more about the Conversations API, our API versioning, and the steps necessary to support the upgrade.
We understand that this change will require effort on your part. Bazaarvoice is committed to making this transition easy for you. We are prepared to assist you in a number of ways:
- Pre-notification: You have more than 12 months to plan for and implement the change.
- Documentation: We have specific documentation to help you.
- Support: Our support team is ready to address any questions you may have.
- Services: Our services teams are available to provide additional assistance.
In summary, on April 30, 2017, Conversations API versions released before 5.4 will no longer be available. Applications and websites using versions before 5.4 will no longer function properly after April 30, 2017. If your custom application or website is making API calls to Conversations API versions 5.2 or 5.3 you will need to upgrade to the current Conversations API (5.4). Applications using Conversations API versions 5.4 and later will continue to receive uninterrupted API service.
If you have any questions about this notice, please submit a case in Spark. We will periodically update this blog and our developer Twitter feed (@BazaarvoiceDev) as we move closer to the change of service date.
Visit the following page Coversations API 2017 Deprecation to learn more.
Thank you for your partnership,Chris KauffmanManager, Product Management