We are pleased to announce that the following functionality has been developed for version 5.4:
- Submission forms pre-filled for non-anonymous users
- Full text search on all UGC and on includes
- Product family queries
- Photo upload accepts URLs
- Story rating field exposed in the response
- Special product attributes exposed in the response
- New filtering capabilities
More detailed information on each of these items is listed below. For complete documentation, refer to the Platform API documentation, version 5.4.
Submission forms pre-filled for non-anonymous users
When submitting content, the values of all known submission fields are now returned in the submission response fields. This only affects submissions where the user is not anonymous and the user/userid parameter is provided with the GET request.
Full text search on all UGC and on includes
The following content types were added to the existing search capabilities:
- comments (story and review)
All content is now searchable. For a list of all the fields that are searched for any given content type, see the API Basics page.
Product family queries
When filtering by product id, all content from that product’s product family is also returned by default. There is a new excludeFamily parameter that you can set to not return product family content. For examples and full documentation, see the Product Display method page.
Photo upload accepts URLs
The uploadphoto endpoint now accepts HTTP URLs of images in addition to locally stored photos from the client side. For examples and full documentation, see the Photo Submission method page.
Brightcove videos can be loaded in a variety of ways. The information necessary to load these videos in the browser is now returned in the Videos block of the response elements. See the API Basics page for details on the new response items that were added to support Brightcove videos.
Story rating field exposed in the response
The story display response has a new block called “StoryRating” that contains two fields:
- Average score – average of the rating feedback score displayed for each story ID
- Range – range of the average score
Special product attributes exposed in the response
The product display response has new fields for each of the following five product attributes:
New filtering capabilities
The following new filters are available:
- Affiliation filter on reviews
- Brand answer filters on questions and answers
- Brand external ID filter for reviews, stories, questions, and products
- Content locale filter inline ratings (statistics.json)
For more information, see the appropriate method’s documentation.